Thursday, September 23, 2010

Making your dreams come true through MS Paint

Folks,

I gotta lay it down, right here, right now. It is my belief that TOO many people involved in the art world (artists, musicians, actors, midget strippers) are taking themselves way too serious. Do I have to decode your hairdo to understand your deep running river? Do I have to look beyond your quirky choice of pant to see that there's a man with a plan? Does every artist have to BRAND themselves now? Like Chris Brown used to be the guy for DoubleMint Gum before he doubled his freshness and probation time by turning his fists into Umbrellas. Or like Ke$ha's brand is the "I don't care whose retainer it is and if I party too hard and poop my leggings that's too bad because it's obvious I went hardcore and there's glitter in my mouth" - that's her thing.

It's no doubt that I live in NYC and that a lot of fashionable people make it work out here on these pee and trash covered streets....

Work it!

But seriously people. Take a note from me, Jake Sanders; entrepreneur, self-made hero, musician, quick to pass judgment on people I've never met and all around tall guy...utilize clothes to cover your naked body and be comfortable, not as a chance to show everyone how witty or post-ironic you can be, and to forgo actual conversation. But more importantly, use MS paint to brand yourself! Set the bar low and then watch people's level of respect rise.



What this says is "Hey, before we get off on the wrong foot let me introduce myself as someone who doesn't care for polish (that's polish like sheen, not polish like sausage) and I'm gonna hit the studio, do what it do, and then craft a banger. If we like said banger, great, and if not...at least I got a chance to create winning posters on Microsoft Paint."

That's it. Now a quick note - kids, be free. Do whatever you want to do and be whoever you want to be. Don't let my hasty generalizations stop you from buying all the expensive cheap looking clothes you can get your hands on. I can be thrown into these same categories as I always wear my lucky speedo underwear when I play a show, and I have at least 7 shirts with random sayings on them. Like "My other shirt is a broomstick" and "Honk if you like shinguards" or
"Kerry/Edwards 2004 - totally not gonna have sex with that camera girl"

Long story short, October 1 - get those hands on this album. The long and winding plug.

Good luck.


1 comment:

serfsup said...

honk honk! I love shin guards AND megafauna. "If You" is my favorite, but I'm sure "Sweated" will forever be the most awkward wedding song. Bonne Chance, my friend. It's all good.